MLT1 - Machinery Lubrication Technician
3-DAY ONLINE COURSE plus OPTIONAL EXAM (1/2 day)
Lubrigard is pleased to offer this 3-day online training, hosted by our friends at Des-Case, that covers both the MLT and MLA1 body of knowledge in accordance to ISO 18436-4. body of knowledge. This course provides the foundational training for reliability-centered machine lubrication work practices. This course will help you understand the positive impact that high quality lubrication practices can have on your machine's health and your plant's productivity.
Participants will learn how to transform an existing lubrication process from modest and reactive to thorough, accurate and proactive.
Registration for the exam can be done through ICML at Lubecouncil.org or call (918)-259-2950.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how lubricants work, how to create lubricant specifications for different types of machines, and how to manage their condition.
- Learn how to select a grease, the most effective application method, and how to determine the optimum application amount and frequency
- Learn how to identify, prevent, and remediate lubricant contamination.
- Learn how to design a world-class lubricant storage and handling system.
- Understand the key elements and uses of oil analysis.
- Learn how to modify equipment for lubrication, inspection, oil analysis, and contamination control.
- Learn how to identify gaps in your program and create a game plan for your next steps.
- Role of Lubrication Machine Reliability
- Lubrication Theory and Fundamentals
- Lubricant Failure Modes
- Lubricating Oil Application Methods
- Grease Application Methods
- Lubricant Selection and Lubrication Considerations
- Lubricant Contamination Control
- Storage and Handling of New Lubricants
- Used Oil Analysis
- Oil Sampling Methods
- Equipment Modifications
- Lubrication Program Gap Analysis
On the 4th day you may schedule a MLT1 certification exam. You can read about and/or apply for the MLT1 certification on the ICML website: https://www.lubecouncil.org/
To become certified, an individual must meet the following requirements:
Education and/or Experience - Candidates must have at least two years education (post-secondary) or on-the-job training in one or more of the following fields: machine lubrication, engineering, mechanical maintenance and/or maintenance trades.
Examination - Each candidate must successfully pass a written, 100 question, multiple-choice examination that evaluates the candidate's knowledge of the topic. Candidates have three hours to complete the closed-book examination. A score of 70% is required to pass the examination and achieve certification. Contact ICML about the availability of the exam in other languages.
The cost of the 3 day course is $300 USD per person. The cost of the exam is $275 USD. Attendees wishing to take the exam must register directly with ICML